Quality Preparation Is the Key to Success
The program focuses on the body of competency and knowledge; helps you assess your competency level; refreshes areas you may not currently be practicing. Periodic progress checks and homework exercises include sample questions to reinforce classroom sessions and topics that may appear on the certification exam. A recent study showed HR certified individuals are more marketable in their careers, serve in higher level job positions and enjoy a higher level of credibility.* It also reported that employers believe certification demonstrates an employee’s commitment to the HR profession, adds validity and credibility to the department, assures current and up-to-date knowledge and provides opportunities for development.
This Professional Development Program Is Designed for Business Owners, Managers, or Human Resource Professionals
- Seeking continuing professional development and a broad overview of the field
- Preparing to take the SHRM – Certified Professional℠ (SHRM-CP) or SHRM -Senior Certified Professional℠ (SHRM-SCP) certification examinations administered by SHRM
The Course uses the SHRM Learning System® which is updated with current HR policies and legislation. As a professional development tool, the Learning System can increase a participant’s knowledge of the field of human resources and provide current reference of HR practices. As a certification preparation tool, the Learning System has a measurable track record of success for those qualified to sit for the exam.
By Enrolling in This Course, You’ll Benefit from
Experienced instructors present the SHRM Learning System® materials in an easy-to-understand format.
- Training close to home.
- A structured learning environment to keep you on schedule.
- Opportunity to build your peer network.
- Course fees often qualify for tuition reimbursement.
- 3.5 continuing education units (CEUs) for successful completion of the course.
The course investment includes all course materials but does not cover registration for the SHRM–CP℠ or SHRM-SCP℠ examinations.
The SHRM Learning System® course features printed workbooks, over 1,500 test questions, an Online Resource Center, an interactive case study, and the SHRM-SCP℠ Preparation Book, designed especially for SHRM-SCP℠ candidates.
What Will You Learn?
The key to the success of the SHRM-CP℠/SHRM-SCP℠ certification and the SHRM Learning System® is the relevance of the content to the needs of today’s HR professionals. The SHRM Learning System® teaches the following five modules covering SHRM’s BOCK – Body of Competency and Knowledge.
| HR Competencies
Course participants will also receive the SHRM-SCP℠ Preparation Book specifically designed for SHRM-SCP℠ candidates.
The SHRM Learning System® provides the most comprehensive and effective SHRM-CP™/SHRM-SCP™ training program through a blended format of printed workbooks and web-based study tools. This easy-to-use system includes three key elements:
1. Printed workbooks
- Five print modules teach the body of knowledge tested in SHRM-CP℠ and SHRM-SCP℠ exams.
- Printed glossary of terms and subject index provided for each module.
- Easy-to-identify icons highlight key content and links to additional resources.
- SHRM-SCP℠ Preparation Book specifically designed for SHRM-SCP℠ candidates.
2. Online tools with mobile access
- Practice Tests
- Assessment Test to gauge current knowledge.
- Module-specific tests to check mastery of key topics
- Post-test that mirrors the HR Certification exam to increase test taking confidence
- Over 750 covering all six modules
- Comprehensive reference for easy reference online or while reading the materials
- Smart Study Tool
- Features real-life scenarios and questions to apply concepts
3. Resource Center
- HR Updates highlighting up-to-date legislative changes and new HR developments
- Ask The Expert feature for individualized follow-up questions
- Links to key HR information cited in the modules
- Feedback feature
New “Plan to Pass” Tool
Setting a realistic study plan is critical to your success. SHRM® has created a valuable tool called “Smart Study Tool” that guides your studies. It takes your score from the pretest (included in the SHRM Learning System®) factors in your level of HR experience and creates a study plan based on areas that require the most attention. You can also track your progress as you study to ensure you’re reaching your goals.
Investing in Yourself
When you complete this course, you’ll be prepared to take the SHRM-CP℠ or SHRM-SCP℠ exam with confidence.
When asked if certification was worth the cost and effort, HR professionals, on average, attributed a personal ROI of 253% to personal certification. Over one-third believed the benefits were worth more than five times the cost, suggesting an ROI of 476%!*
In addition to certification preparation, the SHRM Learning System® helps participants develop a generalist point of view, refresh key ideas and concepts, strengthen their understanding of core competencies and increase productivity. Long after completing the course, Learning System materials will serve as a valuable day-to-day operations manual, providing answers to a wide range of HR challenges.